fire Permits are required by law


Burn permits are required by State law for all outside burining, with the exception of charcoal and gas grills used for cooking. Burn permits may be obtained in person at our 160 Main Street location during business hours, or online on the New Hampshire Department of Forest and Lands website.      

PLEASE NOTE: There is a $3.00 charge for burn permits obtained through the State website.     

There are three categories of permits, and seasonal permits are available for Category I and II only. Per department policy, Category III permits will only be issued for a maximum of three consecutive days. To find out more about the different permit categories, and the specification requirements for each, click the Permit Categories link below.

Daily Fire Danger

There is no burning allowed within the Town of Farmington on Class IV or Class V days. To check today's fire danger, please click the button below.

For fire weather forcasts on the weekends, call the NHDFL Automated weather line at 866-643-4737 or 603-271-2259.

More Information

Permit Categories


Frequently Asked Questions


Rules and Regulations